Recipe by RecipeNut
These cookies are delicious! I make them quite often at my house. Using spiced Apple butter gives them more flavor.
Top Review by a_happy_goddess
I used to make these all the time as a kid. I love this recipe and have been looking everywhere for it! These are the most delicious cookies, and everyone who tries them absolutely loves them! Thanks for posting!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300° F degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
- Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Set aside.
- Blend sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer set at medium speed.
- Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed until just combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Shape dough into marble-sized balls.
- Place balls on ungreased baking sheets, 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10-11 minutes.
- Do not brown.
- Transfer cookies to a cool flat surface with a spatula.
- TO PREPARE THE FILLING: Blend cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl.
- with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy.
- Add apple butter and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- With a small knife spread 1 teaspoonful of apple cream on the bottom half of each cooled cookie.
- Top with another cookie to create a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.