I think this recipe is from a Canadian Living magazine, but I have changed it a little. The recipe calls for 2 - 250g packages of cream cheese, but I use 1 and only 1/2 the other because I don't like the cream cheese layer so thick. I also don't add the nuts because they seem to go soft in a day or two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter, at room temperature
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 946.36 ml apples, peeled and thinly sliced, 3-4 large apples
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml almonds, sliced, slivered (optional) or 118.29 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 3Beat butter with sugar and vanilla, then use a fork to stir in flour till crumbly.
- 4Pat evenly in bottom of 9" springform pan.
- 6Mix apples with sugar and cinnamon, toss well, and set aside.
- 8Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg with a wooden spoon until smooth. Pour filling into crust and cover with apples.
- 9Sprinkle with nuts if using.
- 10Apples can be arranged in a pattern or just spread evenly to cover filling.
- 11Place on center rack of preheated oven, immediately reduce heat to 400F and bake until apples are just tender - about 35 minutes. If nuts brown before apples are cooked, cover loosely with foil.
- 12Cool on rack, serve right away or cover and refrigerate for up to one day.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cream Party Tart
Serving Size: 1 (1530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.4
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 221.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g