quick and easy cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine walnuts, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Grease and flour a 9 inch angel food tin.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Beat butter until fluffy, add remaining 1 cup sugar.
- 6beating well.
- 7Add eggs one at a time.
- 8Add vanilla.
- 9Sift dry ingredients alternating with the sour cream.
- 10Spread half the batter in the greased cake pan.
- 11Place sliced apples over the batter evenly.
- 12Top with half of the walnut mixture.
- 13Pour remaining batter over the walnuts.
- 14Sprinkle the last of cinnamon/ walnut mixture evenly over the top.
- 15Bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees F.
- 16for 40 minutes, until tester comes away clean.
- 17Note::the original recipe says 375.
- 18for 40 minutes, but mine has always been done at 350.
- 19Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 20Loosen from pan, then cool completely-- serve with whipped cream, or dairy sour cream sweetned with a touch of maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cream Coffee Cake 1965
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 309.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g