Recipe by Baking Girl
This tart is really good and easy to make! Make the short dough the day before you make the actual tart!
- 8 ounces sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 2 ounces eggs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pastry flour
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 6 ounces sugar
- 1⁄8 ounce lemon zest
- 6 ounces eggs
- 2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 9 ounces sugar
- 3 ounces cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream Sugar and Butter with paddle until fluffy.
- Add Eggs in one at a time to full incorporate.
- Slowly add Pastry Flour.
- Wrap and refrigerate for at least six hours.
- Roll out 1/2 in thick.
- Place in Tart shell. Make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Cream Cheese Filling:.
- Cream Sugar and Cream Cheese using paddle attachment.
- Add lemon zest.
- Add eggs in one at a time to fully incorporate.
- Spread filling in an unbaked tart shell.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon with apples.
- Place in a symmetrical pattern on top of filling (can also add nuts on top).
- Bake at 375 F until golden brown and set.