Recipe by BethHallKelley
I found this in a local newspaper and fell in love with it. It was unlike any pie I ever had. Fabulous! This recipe came from Pillsbury.
Top Review by cleothetiger
This pie is very good! I especially enjoy it when it's cold. I have seen this recipe before and I noticed that there is a small error in the Streusel ingredients here... it says "1 cup of butter or margarine" but it should only be "1/3 cup" of either. Shouldn't affect the flavour much, maybe just the texture and nutritional info. Otherwise, it's great!
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerator pie dough (softened as directed on box)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (3 med.)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Make pie crust as directed on box for one-crust pie shell, using 9" glass pie pan, except DON'T prick crust.
- Bake 9-11 minute or until light brown. If crust fluffs up gently push down with fork.
- Reduce oven temp to 350.
- In a small bowl, stir together streusel ingredients except butter until it looks like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl gently mix apple layer ingredients, set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar well. Beat in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mix into pie shell. Add the apple's evenly then top with streusel and lastly, small chunks of butter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until apples are tender and streusel is golden. You may need to cover the pie loosely with foil the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- Let pie cool 1 hour prior to eating. Store pie in fridge.