Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3 cups tart apples, sliced and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Prepare cake batter according to package direction; pour into a greased 13x9x2" pan.
- Combine apples,walnuts,sugar and cinnamon; spoon over batter.
- Pour whipping cream over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.