Recipe by Charlotte J
Whole wheat and wheat germ makes this a healthy muffin and the apple juice helps them to stay moist.
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
This is a delicious and flavorful recipe! I substituted freshly ground whole grain flour, but did not change any other ingredients. I also baked this in a stoneware loaf pan instead of making muffins, only because I could then bake it in my countertop oven and also I was tired and cleaning a loaf pan is faster than a muffin pan! I will definitely be making this again! Made for Potluck Game 2/08.
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml toasted wheat germ
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 158.51 ml carnation fat-free evaporated milk (5 ounce can)
- 78.07 ml 100% apple juice, Premium
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 295.73 ml baking apples
- 177.44 ml dried sweetened cranberries (OCEAN SPRAY CRAISINS)
- 14.79 ml cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar, wheat germ, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Beat evaporated milk, apple juice, vegetable oil and egg in small bowl until blended.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in apple and cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.