1/2 Photos of Apple-Cranberry Wheat Muffins
Charlotte J's Note:
Whole wheat and wheat germ makes this a healthy muffin and the apple juice helps them to stay moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml toasted wheat germ
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 158.51 ml carnation fat-free evaporated milk (5 ounce can)
- 78.07 ml 100% apple juice, Premium
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 295.73 ml baking apples
- 177.44 ml dried sweetened cranberries (OCEAN SPRAY CRAISINS)
- 14.79 ml cinnamon sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 400º F.
- 2Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
- 3Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar, wheat germ, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- 4Beat evaporated milk, apple juice, vegetable oil and egg in small bowl until blended.
- 5Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 6Fold in apple and cranberries.
- 7Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- 8Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- 9Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan on wire rack for 2 minutes.
- 11Remove to wire rack to cool slightly.
- 12Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cranberry Wheat Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (974 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 84.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g