Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Pretty and pink, this makes a lovely breakfast! I make this in my rice cooker, but it could also be done on the stove-top or in the microwave (or however you usually make your rice).
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cranberries, whole
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- Place rice, cranberries, apples, juice, and cinnamon in rice cooker.
- Turn on and wait until cooker shuts itself off, stirring occasionally (about 50 minutes).
- Stir in brown sugar & serve warm.
This was a definite hit with me and the guys! Makes a very good b'fast dish. I don't have a rice cooker, and made it in the microwave. I made it with Mahatma's new 30 minute rice, which calls for 3 cups water, but used all apple cider. Came out nice and creamy! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Burgz. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.