Recipe by greyghost
This recipe was great - came from New York Apple Country Recipes. More like an applesauce - but was an excellent compliment to our holiday meal!
- 4 -6 new york state apples
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel apples, cut out cores, seeds, and stems.
- Cut apples into small pieces.
- Put apples in pot and add orange and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat until apples are soft.
- Add cinnamon.
- Mash with fork.
- Stir in cranberries, sugar, and ginger.
- Cook until cranberries are soft.