Recipe by Rachie P
It sounds like a mouthful, and is... a mouthful of flavors! I came across this recipe while trying to find something to make with all of the apples coming off of our trees. I have no idea what website I got it from, but I'm sure thankful I found it. I served it at a gathering of friends and it was gobbled right up!
Top Review by mrstwobusy
This pie got sooooo many compliments, yummy! I am not a pie maker, by any stretch of the imagination. This was so easy to make. I did change it a little, something too scary about making an actual pie, so I used the Pilsberry Pie Crust in a 9x9 dish. Oh ya, I used Fugi apples. Thanks for this recipe!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh or dry-pack frozen cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 425.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon. Add eggs, water, and fruits; mix well.
- Pour into pie crust.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Add nuts.
- Sprinkle mixture over pie. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375, continue baking about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool. Store covered in refrigerator.