Recipe by Chefiebig
My son loves apple squares. I added some Craisins to the standard recipe and he loves it more now.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
After reading the other review I decided to adjust the flour and oats. I used 1 cup oats and 1 1/4 cup flour and that still didn't help with the texture of these. The flour-oat mixture never did set. It stayed crumbly and fell apart when removing from the pan. Nothing like a bar. The flavor was very good though.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prepared applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup craisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in oatmeal, flour and salt.
- Spread half oatmeal mixture in a 8" square glass pan.
- Spread applesauce evenly over oatmeal mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with Craisins.
- Top with remainder of oatmeal mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes.