Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From "Cake Mix Magic." This sounds like an absolutely delightful fall cake. For a little variation, the dried cranberries could be replaced with dried cherries or raisins. Some suggested apple varieties to use are Spy, Spartan, or Golden Delicious.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup diced peeled apple
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan or 4-liter tube pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, applesauce, butter and water. Beat on low speed for 1 minute to blend, then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in diced apples and cranberries. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 25 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then remove cake and cool completely.