Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a twist on your "open the can" cranberry sauce, quick and easy to make.
- 6 granny smith apples (peeled and diced)
- 340.19 g cranberries (fresh)
- 1 lemon (sliced and seeded)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 177.44 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- Stir together apples,fresh cranberries,lemon,sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium heat,bring to boil and stir often.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minute or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, stir in dried cranberries.
- Cool, cover and chill until read to serve.
- Can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the frig.
After making this, I had thought about setting some aside for when my son & DIL come over on the 25th, but that just wouldn't work (not at the rate we're devouring it!) so will be making it again in a week! The only thing I changed was to use cranberry juice instead of the water ~ I particularly liked the addition of dried cranberries, which I added to the sauce while there was about 5 minutes of cooking time left! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday!]