Prep 18 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in a "Bisquick Easy Suppers" recipe book.
- 2⁄3 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large unpeeled red cooking apple, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries (thawed) or 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries (thawed)
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons water
- .Heat oven to 350.
- Melt jelly and butter in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in apple, celery and cranberries; remove from heat.
- Mix bisquick, sage and thyme. Dip chicken into water, then coat with bisquick mixture. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turing once, until coating is brown.
- Place chicken in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Spoon cranberry mixture over chicken. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Note: Like the flavor of baked apples? use 2 apples instead of 1,try adding 2/3 cup pecan halves with the cranberries.