Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
One of the best fruit pies I have eaten in a long time. This is a Canadian Living recipe that I had wanted to try for a while but it was a matter of having all of the ingredients on hand, which I finally did. The pie itself bakes very quickly as the filling is precooked.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out half of the pastry and line a 9" pie plate.
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the water, cinnamon and salt.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries pop.
- Stir in the apple slices and raisins.
- Combine the corn starch and remaining water and blend into the cranberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry-lined pie plate.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and place on top of the pie, leaving a 1" overhang.
- Trim the edges.
- Tuck the overhang under the bottom crust and press together to form a rim.
- Flute the rim.
- Cut steam vents in the top of the pie and bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 35 minutes or until the crust is golden.