1/1 Photo of Apple-Cranberry Puff Pastry Strudel Slices
1 hr 30 mins
This is so easy to make! Yield is only estimated, depending on how large you slice the strudel roll. This recipe can easily be doubled to make two rolls, and raisins can be used in place of dried cranberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the puff pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Place the cranberries in a bowl and pour hot water to cover; let sit until plump (about 20 minutes).
- 3Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 4Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 5In a small bowl whisk together egg and water; set aside.
- 6In a medium bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, sliced apples, cranberrie (or raisins if using) juice from 1/2 lemon and lemon rind; toss to combine; set aside.
- 7Unfold the puff pastry onto a lightly-floured surface and roll into 16x12-inch rectangle.
- 8With the short end facing you, spoon apple mixture onto the bottom half of the rectangle to within 1-inch of edges.
- 9Starting at the short side roll up in jellyroll fashion.
- 10Place seam side down onto baking sheet, then tuck ends under to seal.
- 11Brush the roll with egg mixture.
- 12Cut several 2-inch slits about 2-inches apart on top.
- 13Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- 14Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack for about 30 minutes (or more, do not slice before the 30 minutes or the filling will spread).
- 15Using a sharp serrated knife slice the baked strudel and serve warm sprinkled with confectioners sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cranberry Puff Pastry Strudel Slices
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 114.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g