1/2 Photos of Apple Cranberry Pudding
1 hr 10 mins
No flour in this pudding, the sponge topping is made with ground almonds, good warm or cold but best warm with lightly whipped cream and at its very best warm with vanilla ice cream!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Peel, quarter, core and slice the apples.
- 3Put them in a saucepan with the brown sugar, cinnamon and cranberries bring to the boil and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Pour this mixture into a greased ovenproof dish, 3 inch deep, 9 inch diameter, (the dish needs to be deep to avoid fruit bubbling out during baking).
- 5Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Add the beaten eggs a little at the time and incorporating them well before adding more egg.
- 7Fold in the ground almonds.
- 8Spoon this almond cake mix on top of the apple-cranberry mixture in the dish and even it out a little bit.
- 9Put the dish in the oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cranberry Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.1
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 153.9 mg
- Sodium 244.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 56.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g