1/2 Photos of Apple Cranberry Pie
This is my adopted recipe Feb 2005. I made this today and love the flavor of apples and cranberries together. I used Granny Smith apples but I think any good cooking apple will do. This makes a lot, it would make 2 smaller pies, like the disposable foil pie plates you buy. I made it in a 9 1/2" deep dish pie plate and it did boil out a bit into the oven. My DH likes his apples in pies really soft so I put the apples and apple juice mixed with cornstarch and the sugar in a 4 quart Pyrex bowl and microwaved it for about 5 minutes. I thawed out the cranberries and then mixed with the apple mixture along with the corn syrup. Let cool slightly before filling pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare pie crusts for filled two-crust pie using 9 1/2 inch pan, or 2 smaller pie pans
- 2Heat oven to 450F.
- 3Mix apples with sugar, add cornstarch that has been mixed with apple juice, mix well.
- 4Add thawed cranberries and corn syrup, mixing well.
- 5Spoon into pie crust-lined pan, dot with butter, top with second crust.
- 6Cut slits to let steam escape and brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 7Bake at 450F for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 400F and continue baking about 30 more minutes until filling is bubbling.
- 8Cool on wire rack and store in fridge.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cranberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 258.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apples for pies