Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Apple pie with added cranberry sauce....yum. I love this pie, I made this for our big family Thanksgiving and it was a bit hit. Its a delicious pie that is very simple to make.
- 1 (15 ounce) package ready-made pie crusts
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- Prepare pie crust according to pkg. directions.
- Cut second crust into 6 or 8 wedges, set aside.
- Heat oven to 425.
- In large bowl combine remaining ingredients, mix lightly.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Arrange pie crust wedges over berry mixture with points of the wedges meeting in center ( do not overlap).
- Peel back the center points of the pie crust to form petals.
- Gently press the points into the crust.
- Fold outer edges of each wedge under bottom crust.
- Bake at 425 for 40 - 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender.
- TIP: Cover edge of crust with strip of foil during last 10 to 15 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent excessive browning.