Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
a nice pie. sugar varies with the tartness of the apple and berries. can add more sugar if desired.
Make and share this Apple Cranberry Pie 2002 recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 7 large granny smith apples, peeled and cored cut into 1 inch pieces
- 295.73 ml fresh cranberries
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon zest
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 whole egg (for wash)
- 4.92 ml water (for wash)
- Prepare your favourite pie crust.
- Line bottom shell into a 9 inch glass pie pan.
- Prick slightly, place in fridge while preparing filling-- chilling about 15 minutes.
- Combine apples, cranberries, sugar, pecans, cornstarch, lemon zest, and cinnamon all together in a bowl.
- Spoon into the well chilled crust.
- Roll out top crust, and place over top.
- Venting in desired method-- (I use a cookie cutter and make designs over the top instead of a solid crust.) Brush with the egg and water mix, over the top and edges.
- Place a large cookie sheet on the oven rack while preheating oven to 375 degrees.
- Place prepared pie onto hot cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and continue baking 1 hour 10 minutes.
- OR UNTIL BUBBLING-- Cool completely on a wire rack.