1/1 Photo of Apple Cranberry Pie 2002
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
a nice pie. sugar varies with the tartness of the apple and berries. can add more sugar if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 7 large granny smith apples, peeled and cored cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 whole egg (for wash)
- 1 teaspoon water (for wash)
- 1Prepare your favourite pie crust.
- 2Line bottom shell into a 9 inch glass pie pan.
- 3Prick slightly, place in fridge while preparing filling-- chilling about 15 minutes.
- 4Combine apples, cranberries, sugar, pecans, cornstarch, lemon zest, and cinnamon all together in a bowl.
- 5Spoon into the well chilled crust.
- 6Roll out top crust, and place over top.
- 7Venting in desired method-- (I use a cookie cutter and make designs over the top instead of a solid crust.) Brush with the egg and water mix, over the top and edges.
- 8Place a large cookie sheet on the oven rack while preheating oven to 375 degrees.
- 9Place prepared pie onto hot cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- 10Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and continue baking 1 hour 10 minutes.
- 11OR UNTIL BUBBLING-- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cranberry Pie 2002
Serving Size: 1 (2372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4007.5
- Calories from Fat 1538
- Total Fat 170.9 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.1 mg
- Sodium 2032.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 615.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 54.2 g
- Sugars 362.1 g
- Protein 38.0 g