1/3 Photos of Apple-Cranberry Omelette
This is a wonderful breakfast for the day after Thanksgiving or any day when you want to use up leftover cranberry sauce (try it with Cranberry Sauce with Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce With Apple Cider or any whole berry cranberry sauce). *The original recipe recommended lingonberries but suggested cranberries as a good alternative. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1985)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the filling
- 1Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- 2Whisk eggs, milk, flour and salt together in a large measuring cup or bowl.
- 3Melt butter (2 tablespoons) in a 12-inch skillet (that is oven safe- I used a cast iron skillet) over medium heat.
- 4Add egg mixture and cook for 2-5 minutes, lifting edges to allow uncooked part to run underneath.
- 5Put omlet in oven and bake until softly set (5 minutes). DO NOT OVERCOOK OR OMLET WILL BREAK WHEN FOLDED.
- 6While omlet is cooking prepare filling by combining all of the filling ingredients (cranberry sauce- cardamom) in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Spoon 1/3 of the filling onto half of the omlet.
- 8Slide omlet onto platter or serving dish, folding empty half over filled half.
- 9Spoon additional filling around omlet (or serve on the side) and sprinkle with powder sugar.
- 10Serve with whipped cream and additional filling if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cranberry Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 318.0 mg
- Sodium 541.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 12.1 g