1/1 Photo of Apple Cranberry Nut Loaf
1 hr 20 mins
My boss makes this bread every holiday season, and it is soooo good. I couldn't believe my life was devoid of cranberry bread before I met my boss! :) *note - this makes 2 loaves of bread *note2 - the bread requires 2 days of refrigeration before serving. (and it freezes really really well)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350*.
- 2Grease& flour two 9x5 loaf pans.
- 3Combine flour, salt& soda- sift together in medium bowl, and set aside.
- 4In large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening.
- 5Add eggs, sour cream& orange juice.
- 6Stir flour in until just moistened.
- 7Fold in cranberries, shredded apple and nuts.
- 8Divide mixture between prepared loaf pans; bake 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- 9Bread should be golden brown.
- 10Cool 10 minutes in pans, then cool on rack until cool.
- 11Wrap each loaf tightly and store in refrigerator for 2 days before slicing, or freeze.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cranberry Nut Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2315.3
- Calories from Fat 950
- Total Fat 105.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 1775.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 312.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.1 g
- Sugars 143.6 g
- Protein 40.2 g