1/1 Photo of Apple Cranberry Lattice Tart
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From Morning Glories, by B&B owner Donna Leahy. This is a lovely tart with rich fall flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups chopped apples (I used 3 med apples and 1 pear)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2Preheat oven to 350. cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg yolks until smooth.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ground nuts, cinnamon, cloves and baking powder.
- 4Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and mix till just combined.
- 5Using a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom, press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan about 1/2 inch. Set aside.
- 6Filling: In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Add the cranberries and set aside.
- 7In a medium skillet, melt the butter over low heat.
- 8Add the sugar and brown sugar adn cook for 1-2 minutes, until sugar starts to melt.
- 9Stir in the orange juice till combined. Add the apple-cranberry mixture and continue stirring with a wooden spoon until the fruit is coated and teh mixture is bubbly, about 3-4 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 11Assembly: spread the apple mixture evenly in the crust, dot with the butter.
- 12Roll out the remaining dough approximately 1/4 inch thick and cut into 3/4 inch strips long enough to cover the tart.
- 13Arrange the strips diagonally 1/2 inch apart in a lattice pattern over the apple filling.
- 14Whisk together the egg and water and brush the strips lightly with the mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or till golden brown.
- 15Cool slightly before serving.
- 16Tart may be baked up to 24 hours in advanced and reheated for about 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cranberry Lattice Tart
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.5
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 230.3 mg
- Sodium 433.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 62.9 g
- Protein 9.0 g