Recipe by Derf
Served this as part of brunch for family gathering, it was a huge hit!!24 hrs in frige and 40 minutes cooking. from local newpaper.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tart apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 loaf Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Add apples and cranberries, toss to coat well.
- Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange bread on top.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let stand 5 minutes, serve warm.