Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a nice change from the usual apple crisp. Serve with or without your choice of topping - ice cream, yoghurt, whipped cream (fat-free?)
- 6 medium apples
- 4 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- Peel, core& slice apples.
- Combine cranberry sauce, apple juice& cornstach in a pot; heat until it bubbles.
- Add apple slices& toss to coat.
- Pour into medium size baking dish or deep pie pan.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour& cinnamon.
- Cut in margarine& sprinkle in water, mixing until a crumbly dough forms.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 25- 30 minutes or until top is light golden& apples are tender.