Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious sweet and tart cran-apple dessert!
Make and share this Apple Cranberry Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin (approximately 6 medium apples)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry filling ingredients together, then add the fruit and toss until well-coated.
- Place filling in a 9"x13" greased baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry topping ingredients.
- Add margarine to dry ingredients, using a pastry blender or fork to cut it in until well-blended.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over filling and bake for 40 minutes.
Updated Review: I finally made this recipe with the correct ingredients (cranberries, not blueberries). The combination of sweetness (apples) and tart cranberries was delicious. I'll be making this again, and may toss in some chopped nuts or raisins the next time. October 17, 2005 Review: I made this for a dinner party at a friend's house. I had to improvise a bit. I was not able to find cranberries during a last-minute trip to two food stores. After getting over my astonishment that cranberries were sold out and running out of time to make a dessert, I forged ahead with some frozen blueberries I had at home as a replacement. The result was wonderful. I'm looking forward to making this again with cranberries.
Great recipe! I only had frozen cranberries but they worked out very well. THe kids loved it, I loved the addition of allspice, which I would never have thought to putin this dish. I did have to bake a little longer than the recipe calls for, but other than that this is spot-on! Great dessert or even side dish to go with pork or roasted poultry!