Recipe by chef debo
I like to serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Wonderful and very quick to fix. Used butter and a can of organic whole cranberry sauce which probably isn't as sweet as regular. Omitted pecans. Made in the convection oven which worked very well. Lots of crunchy topping and the perfect balance of fruit to topping. Fabulous alone or served with vanilla ice cream. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 4 medium apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange apples in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon.
- Spoon the cranberry sauce over the apples.
- Combine oats,flour,brown sugar and pecans.
- Cut in butter until coarse and crumbly.
- Sprinkle over cranberry layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.