Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mhmmm, they are so yummy! =) The fruits make them quite light and also perfect for warm weather. Would go great with pears or some other type of fruit as well.
- 150 g flour
- 150 g whole wheat flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 100 g brown sugar (or honey)
- 150 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 120 g butter
- 2 apples
- 59.16 ml cranberries (I used canned ones, but fresh ones are great, too)
- 73.94 ml flour
- 55 g brown sugar
- 35 g oats
- 30 g butter
- Mix both types of flour, baking powder, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. In another bowl mix together milk, butter and eggs.
- Make a mould in the middle of the flour mixture and add the milk mixture into it.
- Blend in diced apples and cranberries.
- Fill the dough into a lined muffin pan and pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- For the crumble-topping combine flour, butter, sugar and oats using your fingers. Knead until a crumbly mixture has formed.
- Spread each muffin with 2 ts of the crumble-topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
After making these I took half of them over to share with a neighbor couple, only to find out that they had a couple of their grandkids for the weekend, so I ended up giving them all but 2 of these very wonderfully tasty muffins! Now I have 'em on my kitchen schedule to make again next week, & those will be kept right here at home! Absolutely delicious & well worth making again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Almost 5 Special Event]
Wonderful! These muffins were a hit with my family and made it easy for me to get a mostly-nutrious snack into my two year old daughter. Thank you so much for sharing!
Wonderful muffins that I enjoyed for breakfast this morning. My whole wheat flour was outdated so I used only all purpose flour. I used 2 granny smith apples and cranraisins that I had on hand. Very tasty muffins that I will defnitely make again. Thank you Lalaloula for posting your recipe. Made and reviewed for the Went to the Market tag game.