Recipe by Lalaloula
Mhmmm, they are so yummy! =) The fruits make them quite light and also perfect for warm weather. Would go great with pears or some other type of fruit as well.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
After making these I took half of them over to share with a neighbor couple, only to find out that they had a couple of their grandkids for the weekend, so I ended up giving them all but 2 of these very wonderfully tasty muffins! Now I have 'em on my kitchen schedule to make again next week, & those will be kept right here at home! Absolutely delicious & well worth making again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Almost 5 Special Event]
- 150 g flour
- 150 g whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 g brown sugar (or honey)
- 150 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 120 g butter
- 2 apples
- 4 tablespoons cranberries (I used canned ones, but fresh ones are great, too)
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 55 g brown sugar
- 35 g oats
- 30 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix both types of flour, baking powder, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. In another bowl mix together milk, butter and eggs.
- Make a mould in the middle of the flour mixture and add the milk mixture into it.
- Blend in diced apples and cranberries.
- Fill the dough into a lined muffin pan and pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- For the crumble-topping combine flour, butter, sugar and oats using your fingers. Knead until a crumbly mixture has formed.
- Spread each muffin with 2 ts of the crumble-topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes.