Recipe by *Crystal*
One of my mother's favorite muffin recipes, I believe it was published in a 'Robin Hood' cookbook. These muffins are especially good around the holidays when there is an abundance of fresh cranberries.
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml diced peeled apples
- 177.44 ml cranberries
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml chopped almonds
- 44.37 ml oats
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, yogurt and oil in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in apples and cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins (cups will be very full).
- Topping: Combine all ingredients. Mix well and sprinkle over muffins. bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- For a variation you can replace the cranberries with blueberries and almonds with pecans.