Recipe by Chef mariajane
Celebrate fall with a basket of these freshly baked muffins!! With this wonderful recipe, you can make enormous bakery-style muffins right at home. Filled with this delicious combination of apples and cranberries, all-purpose flour, these apple cranberry crumble muffins are exceptionally moist and light. What's more, they're covered in a crumbly almond streusel topping that's sure to please. These muffins are also a tasty and colorful addition or a weekend brunch, or bake ahead of time and store in the freezer for quick breakfast and snack ideas.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Robin Hood oats or 3 tablespoons Old mill oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup canola yogurt
- 2 cups peeled apples, diced
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- TOPPING: Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- MUFFINS: Combine flour, brown sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, yogurt and oil in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in apples and cranberries.
- Spray muffin pans, cups and tops with a nonstick spray. Fill muffin cups with batter. Sprinkle wirh topping.
- Bake at 375F for about 25 minutes or until tops are firm to touch.