Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
I've been making this pie for over 10 years! It's like no other recipe I've found. The secret ingredient is the crushed fruit sauce, which by the way can be found near the poultry. This recipe was printed in our local newspaper which had a beautiful picture. I had to try it! Now it's become a must have at Thanksgiving. The only pie that has even come close is a Marie Calendar Pie. I thought I'd lost this recipe, but recently found it, so I wanted to get in on Zaar before I lost it again! It's one of those you go crazy trying to find. Enjoy --V
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prepared shortbread pie crust
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups baking apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) container crushed cranberry sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1Preheat oven 375°F.
- 2Beat egg yolk and brush on crust. Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 3In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute apples until crisp-tender.
- 4NOTE: I found Ocean Spray Cranberry Fruit Sauce is the best.
- 5Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch. Stir into apples. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- 6For the topping: cut butter into sugar, flour and spices until coarse crumbs form. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over apple filling. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 40 minutes or until crust is toasted and filling begins to bubble. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cranberry Crumb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 176.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g