Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Because it's made with gingersnaps, this dessert has a real "holiday" flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter (chilled and cubed)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (I use pecans)
- 6 apples (peeled cored and chopped)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare topping, mix together the oats, brown sugar and flour.
- Blend in butter with fingers until coarse crumbs form.
- Add gingersnap crumbs, egg yolk and nuts and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, blend all filling ingredients and spoon into a 2 quart baking dish that has been buttered.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over filling and bake 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- If topping browns too quickly, cover with foil for last 10 minutes of baking.
- Serve warm with ice cream or try caramel ice cream topping slightly warmed. YUM!