Recipe by Boyz 5
A good-for-you dessert!... Made with whole-wheat flour and less sugar than many other crisps.
- 4 cups apples
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 by 8-inch square pan.
- Peel and core about 4 medium-sized tart apples and slice them into pan. Top with unsweetened, whole fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Combine margarine and remaining ingredients thoroughly; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm and, if desired with light cream or ice-cream.