Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rachael's Recipe Notes: This can also be used as a jam or jelly. Tastes great on toast. I use this as a "dip" for cinnamon pita chips.
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and cut into small cubes or thin slices
- 1⁄2-1 cup granulated sugar
- Add all ingredients to small pot.
- Simmer on medium heat, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Use potato masher to create slighthly"lumpy" conserve.
- Serve warm.
This is very nice! I used Pink Lady apples, 1/2 cup superfine sugar, and an extra 1/2 cup cranberries (I needed to use them up). I was afraid the apples wouldn't be cooked after the allotted time, but they were perfect. I'll probably just end up eating this all by itself it's so good, rather than *on* anything! Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely ~ Dip, sauce, spread: All great! I made a double batch (used Fuji apples) & when all was finished, I divided the conserve in half & added a small amount of cranberry juice to one portion, making a thick syrup that we enjoyed on pancakes! Definitely a keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]