Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in apples and dried cranberries.
- Add nuts is desired.
- Transfer to lightly greased 8-in.
- baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar when cool if desired.
Yes, very nice. I followed the suggestions of other reviewers and lowered the amount of sugar, used 3/4 cup. Furthermore I grated the apples. The cake was moist, tasty and easy to make. <br/>Thanks for posting.
This is delicious! I do agree with one reviewer and would lower the sugar amount however. I also think I would like to try some dried tart cherries in this as well as the cranberries. Mine took about 15 minutes longer to cook through than the stated time. I used a round 8 inch layer pan. After cooling a few minutes, I inverted the cake to a serving plate and dusted it lightly with some powdered sugar. My husband was in heaven while eating it.
This is an absolutely wonderful and moist coffeecake. I will make this again and again. Thanks so much for this keeper