Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Apple Cranberry Cobbler With Spiced Whipped Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups granny smith apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 10 ounces fresh cranberries or 10 ounces frozen cranberries, thawed and drained
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned, not quick-cooking)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare apples. Thaw & drain frozen cranberries or wash and pat dry fresh berries. Toss cranberries and apples together into a 10x13" glass baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, use hands to blend butter, sugar, oats, flour, baking powder, spices, vanilla extract and sea salt; will resemble a coarse meal.
- Stir in milk and maple syrup.
- Drop cobbler mixture by spoonfuls onto apple/cranberry mixture and pat down lightly.
- Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, until apples are soft and topping is golden.
- Whip cream with cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar until stiff.
- Serve on warm cobbler.