I made this up because I thought the flavors would match perfectly--and they do. The balsamic vinegar is really the key ingredient and adds a nice zip. This is for one serving, but it can be doubled, tripled, etc. to feed a larger crowd.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken into chunks or strips and dice apple.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrot into strips and sauté until soft.
- Add salt and pepper during cooking process.
- Deglaze with balsamic vinegar (as much as you want, actually) Stir in apple sauce, cranberries, diced apple, cinnamon, chicken, then pour into oven proof baking dish.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until done.
- Season with more salt, pepper, cinnamon, sugar if desired.
- Note: Feel free to change the amount of any of the ingredients.
- The above measurements are approximates because I didn't measure when cooking this recipe.