Recipe by Montegrano
I made this up because I thought the flavors would match perfectly--and they do. The balsamic vinegar is really the key ingredient and adds a nice zip. This is for one serving, but it can be doubled, tripled, etc. to feed a larger crowd.
Top Review by punkrockbambi
This was fab. I found a cheese grater was best to grate the carrots, sometimes I use it to grate apples into my recipe too so I think I'll do that next time to create a kind of warm slaw. Added UNsweetened dried cranberries, UNsweetened apple sauce, and walnuts as well.. Completely neglected to add sugar but it still was a bit too sweet for my taste. Love this recipe for fall though, its exactly what I was looking for. I will definitely keep it and experiment with it.
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken into chunks or strips and dice apple.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrot into strips and sauté until soft.
- Add salt and pepper during cooking process.
- Deglaze with balsamic vinegar (as much as you want, actually) Stir in apple sauce, cranberries, diced apple, cinnamon, chicken, then pour into oven proof baking dish.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until done.
- Season with more salt, pepper, cinnamon, sugar if desired.
- Note: Feel free to change the amount of any of the ingredients.
- The above measurements are approximates because I didn't measure when cooking this recipe.