Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Was served this delightful dish at a party. Everyone raved over it! If you are making this for a party, I recommend using an 18-20 oz. wheel of brie and doubling the other ingredients.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium apple)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup a mixture nuts
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 14 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 round 8 oz brie cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coarsely chop apple. Combine apple, almonds, and cranberries. Mix in brown sugar and cinnamon gently. Stir in melted butter just until ingredients are moist.
- Cut Brie in half horizontally. Place one half of the Brie, rind side down, on baking pan. Spoon half of mixture onto bottom half of Brie. Top with remaining Brie, rind up. Spoon the remaining mixture over top. Bake 12-15 min or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. (If using a larger wheel, bake 18-20 minutes.) Serve with canapé French bread or crackers.