Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This would go nicely with a Thanksgiving dinner. Top this bread pudding with its Lemon Sauce Lemon Sauce.
- Place bread and 2 cups sugar in mixing bowl.
- Pour milk over and mix well.
- Allow bread to soak up milk for about an hour.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cranberries.
- Cover with water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, rum and melted butter.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- Stir in apples, drained of their cooking liquid and the walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour entire mixture into baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until pudding is puffed and golden.
- Cool slightly, cut into squares and serve with lemon sauce recipe#74942.