Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From TOH Holiday Recipes and different from the one posted here in that it uses a bit more egg in the batter.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled tart apples (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen, coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour to the egg mixture just until combined (batter will be very thick).
- Stir in apples, cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into an 8x4x2" loaf pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 dgrees for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
This goes into my 10-STAR book! Great bread. Very moist and not too sweet. I make a similar apple bread without cranberries, but will be making this one instead from now on! Love the tartness of the cranberries and the Granny Smith apples I used. I subbed pecans for the walnuts.
I made this for Thanksgiving. I was going to make muffins but was running short on time so I chose this recipe instead. I'm glad that I did! I like the combination of apples, cranberries and walnuts. The bread was easily put together and the end result was moist and flavorful. Thank you for posting this recipe!
It's true that the dough is very thick. I decided to do muffins with this recipe. I baked them at 350 F for 25 minutes. Each muffin looked like there was too much chunks of apples and cranberries but at the end, the muffins were looking great and were moist. I used only 1/2 cup sugar. I omitted the nuts. Thanks Melissa :) Made for the Pink Event