1/1 Photo of Apple Cranberry Braid
Rhodes Bake-N-Serv's Note:
Braided bread always makes a table look special and this one with nuts, cranberries and apples makes a perfect holiday addition. Full Recipe: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/1652
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 rhodes frozen dinner rolls, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- additional nuts, for garnish
- 1Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Combine rolls and roll into a 12x14-inch rectangle.
- 3With a clean ruler, gently mark a 4 inch strip lengthwise down the center.
- 4Spread butter on entire surface.
- 5Place apple pie filling down center of dough.
- 6Spoon cranberry sauce on top of filling.
- 7Top with 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- 8Make cuts from filling to dough edges at about 2-inch intervals.
- 9Fold bottom and top edges towards filling.
- 10Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across filling.
- 11Finish by stretching last strip and tucking under bottom end.
- 12Using both hands, lift onto a sprayed baking sheet.
- 13Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 20-30 minutes.
- 14Remove wrap and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Place on rack to cool.
- 16Drizzle with icing and sprinkle with additional chopped nuts.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cranberry Braid
Serving Size: 1 (2078 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 543.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 10.4 g