Prep 5 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this Chicken salad, I usually make it in the fall when there are lots of fresh apples.
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey or 3 cups ham
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups celery, finely sliced
- 3 apples, diced, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely shopped
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, orange juice, apple jelly and lemon juice.
- Add cut chicken, celery and apples. Toss to coat all pieces.
- Season with salt and chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with chopped walunts to garnish and add crunch.
Wow! This is fantastic! I used cooked chicken (thigh and breast meat). The apples that I used were tart and crunchy and matched perfectly with the sweetness of the apple jelly. This would be great for luncheons or baby showers. Some crumbled bleu cheese would put this over the top! I'll be making this again. Thanx for sharing.