Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 golden delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 cups apple juice, or apple cider
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- to taste low-fat sour cream (optional) or to taste yogurt
- Place curry powder in a wide frying pan and stir over medium heat until slightly darker in color.
- Add apple, onion, lemon juice, mushrooms, bullion and 1 1/2 cups apple juice. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Add to pan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat is no longer pink (about 30 minutes). Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- In small bowl, blend flour and remaining 1/2 cup apple juice. Gradually add to sauce in pan, stirring constantly and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
- Garn ish with green onions and sour cream or yogurt. Serve over rice
I honestly cannot imagine why this recipe has never been reviewed! It's delicious and not at all difficult to make. I didn't use the green onion or dairy toppings because, honestly, they weren't needed. The dish was simply yummy without the additions. I used a Fuji apple as that is what I had and it worked perfectly. Try it, you'll love it. :D