Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Taste of Home
- 3 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, apples, raisins.
- Combine lemon juice and honey; add to apple mixture. Chill.
- Just before serving, stir in sunflower kernels if desired.
I had this for breakfast today - a good combo! I omitted the raisins (don't care for them!) but used the sunflower seeds. Might cut down on the honey/lemon sauce ever so slightly the next time, but I'm not that fond of honey so this is just a matter of personal taste - and the sauce does turn this into a salad rather than a mixture of cottage cheese and apples! Thank you for sharing!