Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Smells and tastes wonderful!
Make and share this Apple Corned Beef Brisket for the Slow Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 3 -4 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, cut into chunks
- 4 cups apple cider
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place red potatoes, onion, and apple in a large slow cooker.
- Top with corned beef brisket.
- Place cabbage over top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cider, brown sugar, mustard, cloves and pepper; pour into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours, or high for about 3 - 4 hours.
This is the only way I make corned beef and cabbage. I also use apple juice instead of cider and I also add in some carrots. Wonderfully seasoned!
This turned out good. I liked the flavor the apples gave the cabbage.
Great recipe! wonderfully seasoned and actually mouth watering! My hubby to be doesn't like some of these ingredients, but put together this way he's all for it! This may become our new St. Patrick's Day tradition. Thanks!!