Top Review by SJG3483
I think these muffins have a lot of potential, but I could barely taste the corn or the apples. If I made it again, I would increase those ingredients and decrease the amount of flour so that they would be lighter and the added tastes would be more evident. I guess I was looking more for muffins than cornbread. Other than not being what I expected, they were good.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin generously with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt, blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, egg and butter.
- Add the apple and corn to the liquid ingredients and then pour over the dry ingredients.
- Mix lightly until all are slightly moist, the batter will be lumpy.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full and bake about 30 minutes.
- Tops will spring back when touched.