1/6 Photos of Apple Core and Peeling Jelly
Posted in response to a request. I haven't tried this, but love the idea of using that which would normally be tossed to make something delightful. Cook time is approximate and does not include water bath time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook peelings and cores in 6 cups water for 20-30 minutes.
- 2Strain through prepared cheesecloth or jelly bag.
- 3Add water as needed, to strained juice, to obtain 7 cups liquid.
- 4Add pectin (whisk works well) and bring to a rapid boil.
- 5Add sugar, boil hard for 1 minute.
- 6Note: If desired, food coloring can be added to juice for color.
- 7Pour into sterile jars, leaving 1/8" headspace; wipe jar rims, adjust lids and rings; water bath 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Core and Peeling Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (6003 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8548.1
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 187.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2221.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 69.8 g
- Sugars 2080.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g