I really enjoy baking these cookies especially in the fall season when the apples are at their best. A great way to use up all of the apples you picked at the orchard. Any kind of apples can be used for this recipe. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk or with a hot tea or coffee. Kids really love these cookies. Adults too!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup breakfast cereal (Apple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal Crisp Cereal crushed, or any other breakfast cereals ex. Corn Flakes etc)
- 1 cup apple (peeled and grated)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar and egg until creamy, add heavy cream beat lightly.
- In seperate bowl, mix all dry ingredients with walnuts.
- Add dry mixture to creamy mixture until well incorporated.
- Add grated apples.
- Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Cook at 350 for 15 minutes.
WOW, the cookies are great. Tender and full of flavor I really enjoyed them. Will definately make them again. Thanks.